The Lowdown - April 2017
As mentioned last month we have continued to add features and improvements to the already great Ubookr calendar. As the heart of our system we are continually looking for ways to make using the calendar an awesome experience.
- Keyboard shortcuts: holding shift and clicking an event will reschedule it, holding alt and clicking an event will duplicate it, double clicking will edit it.
- Filters: if you have a lot of staff then we now group by service type so you can look at all your photographers at once, or all your floor planners, etc.
- Push updates: If you’re in your calendar and someone else (another staff member, a customer, etc) adds, deletes or changes a booking, you’ll get notified immediately and it will appear in your calendar straight away.
A big thanks to the team at Incredible Images in NZ for making some great suggestions on how to improve your invoicing experience.
The improvements implemented in April are:
- Visual improvement to make invoicing easier (alternating background colours on invoice rows)
- Typeahead’s in the drop-down fields – now you can start typing a customers name and they will appear so you don’t need to scroll down to find them.
- The ability to group bookings for invoicing by contact person in a customers office.
- Edit booking costs while invoicing without leaving the invoicing screen.
- We’ve added a date range selector so you can determine which period you’d like to invoice.
Improvements to Create Booking
As a supplier you can override the default settings: if a staff member doesn’t usually do a particular service or in a certain work area, you can still select them to do the service if you need to.
This is great for flexibility but if you have a lot of staff it makes it hard to know who is actually designated to do the job in the given work area.
We now make that clear in the supplier staff dropdown.
Next month we’ll be releasing two big new features for the calendar, Busy Times and Delayed Notifications as well as several other handy features and improvements.
We’re also really excited to announce development has begun on the all new Ubookr mobile app. The new app is going to be a huge advancement on the current app and will allow agents and suppliers to manage bookings in a whole new way. We can’t wait to show you!
Thanks for all your great feedback and happy booking!
– The Ubookr team